Hello and a Happy & Healthy 2019

Sh8ron
Sh8ron Member Posts: 13
edited 30. Dec 2018, 08:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all, I'm new on here and newly diagnosed with OA in both hips and worried about what the future holds. Also feeling lonely in this strange new world. Wondering if I've actually realised I'm OLD now (58)? Would like to hear your thoughts. Sharon.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You're not old Sharon!!! You are a whippersnapper :wink:

It's lovely to meet you and hope you find the forum as helpful as I have over the years.

Just join in wherever you like everyone will be very welcoming.

Love

Toni x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My arthritis began when I was 37, I was immediately lumped into a new peer group (those aged 70 plus) by those who knew no better. It's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I think I replied to your other thread on LWA and you are far from alone; there are around ten million arthritics in the UK, the majority of whom have osteoarthritis (which, I presume, is the one you have).

What has been recommended for you by your GP? Admittedly there is not much they can offer aside from pain relief, maybe an anti-inflammatory medication and a course of physio. I am very used to my arthritis, and as it was always in the card for me it came as no great surprise but it must be very hard for you, I am sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben