Psoriatic Arthritis

DeeJay
DeeJay Member Posts: 8
edited 8. Jan 2019, 13:07 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone, My name is Dee (Duncan) and i have recently been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis; although it has taken a while, 20+ years, to get this diagnosis... Reading some people's symptoms, I don't feel I have it as bad as others but it, on bad days, is bad. I try to stay positive and exercise as much as possible. Would like to hear from others. DJ

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome DeeJay to Versus Arthritis forum

Sorry to read of your recent problems with Psoriatic Arthritis, it is good to see that your are feeling positive about it. Your will find many of our forum users have had/do similar issues with it who will be able to offer help and support as to how they manage theirs.

I have found a link that may be of help to you:-

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/system/search-results.aspx?keywords=PsA

Please feel free to contact the Helplines (during office hours) of whom will be only too willing to offer some advice and support. The Helpline number is at the head of the page.

Enjoy the Forum.

John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have PsA, it began in 1997, due to GP ignorance I didn't begin any meds until 2002, it was accurately diagnosed in 2006 and then osteoarthritis was diagnosed in 2011. I never realised one could do the double so that was a shock. Some joints have one, some the other and others both.

I do not have much psoriasis, and mine did not begin where it should (it normally goes for the small joints first, mine opted for my left knee). A friend of mine also has PsA, he began about ten years after me and is beautifully controlled on six sulphasalazine tablets per day: it has stayed in his hands but they are OK. He doesn't understand my experience and I envy him his! He is still running and cycling vast distances, he only recently stopped playing rugby and is still, in full-time work as a kitchen fitter. I am now on a regimen of injected methotrexate, injected humira (an anti-TNF) and things are well-controlled but of course they do nothing for the OA. :lol:

Has your rheumatologist suggested any medication to help control disease activity? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi DJ. Mine's RA not PsA but we have a lot in common. Do pop over to the Living With Arthritis forum where you'll find lots more of us :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Dee and welcome to the forum...I dont have PA but coming on here you will find lots of info, and be able to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through..
    Love
    Barbara