Methotrexate

Avaliz14
Avaliz14 Member Posts: 2
edited 8. Jan 2019, 19:45 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, my name is Tracey i'm 47 now I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 33 I had my only child at the age of 35 when Matthew was 7 months old I got vasculitis which is very rare for someone whose only had rheumatoid for a few years I've also got Osteoarthritis in both my feet there are days when I really struggle and I get very tired very very quickly but if I keep myself busy I don't think about the pain. I'm on Methotrexate 22.5 mils a week and also sampouri once a month, can anyone else idea smell Methotrexate when you have it injected take it makes me feel very sick, been thinking about doing my own injections does anyone else do that as well

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tracey
    Welcome to the forum sorry you are in a lot of pain but glad you have found us everyone is friendly and understanding and will try and help in any way to make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Tracey and welcome.

I also have RA and OA - for a looooong time :wink: I take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine but I just take the meth in tablet form.

Actually, I couldn't fathom out what you meant by 'can anyone else idea smell Methotrexate when you have it injected take it makes me feel very sick'? You kinda lost me :lol: If you want to find people who inject it you're best on the Living With Arthritis forum as more people look on there.

Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I inject meth, 15mls per week and cannot smell it. I don't feel sick either but occasionally feel extra tired after the injection when it's also an humira week (I do that injection too). I used to have to go to the hospital for my injections but common sense (and their economies) finally prevailed and I have done my own for years now. I have psoriatic arthritis and the joint damage from that led to osteoarthritis, some joints have one, some the other and others both. I began aged 37 and am now 59. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nanny2507
    nanny2507 Member Posts: 27
    hello,

And welcome, hope your pain isnt too bad today.

My name is sarah and I am 50. I have had pscoratic arthritis and osteoarthritis since early 2013. Mine was triggered by trauma ( I had it but it was fast tracked by a fall) and i have been injecting methotrexate for about 4 years. The only thing i find is the smell of the sterile wipe turns my stomach now. You cant smell it. I am about to start a new med in 5 weeks ish..not sure what one though.
  • Claire89
    Claire89 Member Posts: 13
    The sterile wipe made me feel sick but I think it was a mind over matter thing as I was sick for 3/4 days after my injection then ok by the time I got to my next I think the smell of the wipe made me realise here comes 4 days of feeling hellish. I stopped it it helped my skin but not with my arthritis and I couldn't handle being sick all the time.

I hope it works for you good luck