Inflamed thigh with Knee OA

Catby
Catby Member Posts: 3
edited 29. Jan 2019, 06:03 in Say Hello Archive
I have been diagnosed with Knee OA and my thigh is really swollen. I've been to see my GP who does not appear to have seen this before - so is referring me for vascular tests and the MSK unit.
Is anyone else having this problem

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Catby,

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't heard of any link between osteoarthritis of the knee and thigh pain, although OA is not a condition I have personal experience of. It's good that it's going to be investigated. Perhaps some forum members with experience of knee OA will be able to offer their thoughts and experiences.

I'm attaching a link to the information about Osteoarthritis of the Knee on Versus Arthritis, just in case there's anything useful in there that you are not already familiar with.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the referral. Keep us posted with how you get on & good luck.

best wishes,

Ann
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I am sorry - this sounds horrid. I am bone-on-bone through both knees but have never had an inflamed thigh, not with any of my arthritis. Could you have been bitten by something? I hope you are able to find out what is going on, one of the troubles with arthritis is the temptation to blame anything else that happens on the disease when it's not connected in the slightest. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello. How are you getting on? Any sign of the tests yet?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright