Crime and Punishment

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Feb 2019, 04:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
The crime? Enjoyment. I faffed about yesterday with changing lampshades (an absolute beauty from Habitat was delivered which resulted in five being swapped about) followed by preparing the house for dinner guests, washing stuff up, sorting the cheese course and staying up until 1am.

The punishment is the most severe to date. Hey-ho. I guess there will always be new depths to plumb. :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh blast :roll: hope it settles soon. I'm currently sitting with a hot water bottle on a seriously sore shoulder- the punishment for having the nerve to mop and hoover through downstairs last Wednesday....I couldn't bear the dust any longer !

Hope your evening with friends was pleasurable to balance out the ensuing pain.

Deb x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Theres always a price to pay for us,I had a morning out with my daughter we went to the cash and carry then Hobbycraft where we wandered about for ages ,we brought yarn so I can crochet a tea cosy for the members room at Trent Bridge crochet ground, thank goodness the season doesn't start till April.What cheese did you have its my favourite food, nice bit of stilton with grapes or crisp apple.Hope things ease off soon. X
  • dreamdaisy
    Ah Mig, you and me both when it comes to cheese! Saturday night's selection was a very strong cheddar, gouda with pesto, Stilton, Jarlsberg and Dairylea triangles (it has become something of a ritual now with these friends, squish one triangle between two cream crackers until the cheese appears through the holes, only then can it be eaten. Lidl cream cracks have good holeage.).

Good luck with the crochet, I love the idea of Trent Bridge being crocheted too: all your own work? :wink: Also I wish you well for your CT scan today.

Hello dibdab, I am sorry that you too are being punished for a crime that was hardly severe. Sometimes we get away with it and sometimes we don't . . . . I hope things are improved, I recently bought a hottie in the shape of the letter C, for dealing around the neck and shoulders, it remains unchristened and long may that be the case (it's a brolly problem, i.e. if I have it I won't need it). DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    DD, you are a repeat offender who ought to know better :wink: I do hope the crime fit the punishment.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I blame the cheese! Seriously you lot, your memories are short! The rushing roubd in ever decreasing circles is ok but cheese, no.

😂😂
  • dreamdaisy
    In my defence I didn't eat any cheese, I never do at that time of night.

The cold weather is the culprit, this week is a truly dreadful time but it will pass, it will soon be spring and then I can feel grotty with the other! :D DD
  • dibdab
    Hi DD,

Hope things are settling a little. Glad to say my shoulders are a bit better , though my fingers are distinctly sore still-heighho- all things pass eventually,, in the meantime I've done more reading than crochet!

I have one of those c shaped wheat packs-it's soothing on the sore shoulders, a very welcome gift from my son's partner last Christmas and well used.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello dibdab, I continue to grind on, the heat within my knee joints is astonishing! I don't recall them burning as much but who knows? I don't and don't care much either because things will improve back to their usual level of ouch. :lol: I think everyone on here finds this part of the year tough going, it's not an easy time for so many reasons. Keep resting with the odd short bursts of gentle activity, it's all we can do. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    The joints are improving but my mind is not. I am waiting to hear news about my seriously ill, very elderly Aunt and I'm all a-dither. I have numerous cousins and the jungle drums are banging . . . . . DD
  • dibdab
    DD, I really hope that what ever the news is it's the right news for your auntie. Sadly we lost my 99 year old auntie last June, it was incredibly sad for us, but absolutely right for her because she was simply too tired to go on.

Sending the very best of wishes and positive thoughts.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, dibdab, my Aunt is 92 and was admitted to hospital with a urine infection and severe dehydration, last night her heart was failing and I have heard nothing today, not as yet. She has always been robust, she is my late Ma's baby sister and we married on her birthday. It's going one way or the other but it's the waiting and wondering . . . that's difficult. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    My Aunt died at noon yesterday. The last link to my Ma has gone and I am very sad. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Deepest sympathy DD,sending much love and hugs. X
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, I'm still very sad: it's stirred up all kinds of memories which need to be worked through and they will be. DD
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Sorry to hear your aunt passed away, it is comforting to have our relatives around as they have been all our lives, but then time and tide wait for no man.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    ((((( )))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    Sending you the very warmest thoughts and sympathies DD. Take good care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve as you work through all those mixed emotions-sometimes we have to find a space in time to just "be" and heal.

Deb. x
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for your replies, everyone, as far as these things go she had a good death; she was surrounded by her family and had enough morphine to ensure her physical comfort. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    I went to the funeral in Wednesday - a long day but worth it.

I have 'inherited' a brand new Topro rollator. My cousins bought it for their mum as she was regularly falling - she was 90 plus and getting weaker. Needless to say she refused to use it. 'I've never needed one before and I don't need one now.' My cousin's wish to give it to me, I wish to pay for it. Impasse.

I have mixed feelings about this, including anger that I had my first one aged 48 (which everyone in the family who were and remain revoltingly healthy deemed a good idea). I am peeved, irked and sulking. Grow UP, DD.
  • dibdab
    Those kinds of days are tough, I really hope the beautiful weather is giving you chance to get outdoors and breathe well (before that pesky pollen wakes up again).

I'm sure that your aunt would be happy to know that her rollator will give you support, and if your cousins want to gift it why not allow them to be generous, it may help with their coming to terms to know that something of their mum's is benefiting you.

Sending youu very best wishes.

Deb x t69044
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    It sounds as though you are feeling really upset DD, which is not surprising after all the physical and emotional effects of the past two days. I hope you will soon bounce back as the positive source of support we know but, meanwhile, be assured that we are with you in spirit as you recover from this difficult time of bereavement.
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, dibdab and crinkly1, you are both right.

Firstly I apologise for the 'cousin's' in my first report, somehow that one slipped by my usual levels of vigilance; as an ex-teacher of literacy skills that was unforgivable. Secondly, yup, I cannot only conclude that being in the massive sulk that I am is due to a mixture of grief, tiredness, the issue of the approaching birthday (a biggie) and feeling generally discontent with my lot. This Tigger has run out of bounce so I think I'll leave you all to it for a few days, trying to prop when oneself is flattened is not helpful to anyone, especially me. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    (((((())))))

Yvonne
    xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, Yvonne, I appreciate the hugs. I'm not doing too well at the moment but that's the nature of the beasts, yes? Some decent quality sleep would help but that's off the menu. :lol: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    The rollator is mine, the family are adamant I have it with no filthy lucre changing hands which is very lovely.

My soles are shooting stars of pain - walking ain't fun but I've done it anyway, I managed a ten-minute lurch round the block. :lol: DD