Surgery?

Comfortable
Comfortable Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
To encourage others. I suffer from osteoarthritis and I am 74. In The last three years i have had two full knee replacements, two new hips and a full shoulder replacement and I am just about pain free. Anyone who suffers the constant pain and has the opportunity to have replacement surgery should go for it! But do the physio, before and after. It works.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi comfortable
    Welcome to the forum,glad you are finding yourself free of most pain due to your operations,Thank you for the encouragement. We hope you will however stay on the forum and chat to others. The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That's such good news, I am pleased for you. Many on here with OA only are having to wait for years until they become eligible - their turn will come! You are absolutely right about doing the physio, the 'fitter' the patient before the better the recovery can be but you do have to be committed to the programme, don't you? Take care in this cold and icy weather, we don't want any titanium being dislodged, do we? :wink: I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Comfortable and welcome from me too. What a lovely, encouraging first post! Thank you.

I, too have had hips and knees replaced and it has made a huge difference to my life though, as mine is RA (now with free added OA :lol: ) stuff marches on in other joints.

I couldn't agree more about the need for the exercises before and after surgery and also the time needed to just let things bed down beneath skin level before attempting more adventurous stuff.

If we can help you in any way please just say but also, if you could stick around, you'd be of enormous help to those about to undergo surgery. The more of us who have success stories the less anxious a time it will be for them.

Thanks again.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright