Old Boilers

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 3. Feb 2019, 09:17 in Chit chat
I'm sitting here with two jumpers on, a hat and a coat, the boilers dead and plumbers ard as raee as hens teeth, this follows the freezer and tv this month, all gone south.

Went out shopping to sray warm this morning, might have to go to the pub tonight! Lifes not all bad.........

Comments

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, Airwave, that is not a great start to the New Year, with three things going south :? :? :roll:
    Just as the weather has turned to snow and ice. I really hope you can find a plumber asap. We can send Barbara's OH over he will sort it for you :)

I hope the pub was warm and cosy - Cheers, to things working, as they should X
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That's horrible at this time of year. We have a contract which stipulates 24 hr service. I consider myself too old and too decrepit to be trying to find someone in cold weather which is when boilers always go on the blink. A wheelchair-bound friend was left with no heating or hot water for a week once. I wish you better luck, Airwave.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Are you sorted yet Airwave? I can't think of much worse at this time of year :shock:
  • Airwave!
    No, its been a week now and we're concerned about the water pipes as its so cold. Brought a new electric fire yesterday so we have one warm room now. We are at the mercy of yhe plumbing firm who say 'maybe next week'?
  • frogmorton
    No!! Airwave that just isn't good enough :shock: It might be time to get the yellow pages out...
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Last Thursday I had to have a new boiler fitted. My old one was 13 years old, failing rapidly and was beyond economical repair. I've now got a 7 year warranty on the new one and once it's 11 months old I'll start a service contract.

Hope you get it sorted soon Airwave.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    i agree with frogmorton. It really isn't good enough. Are there no other companies you can try?

Also, I'm sure one chap who was servicing ours said that it was often cheaper to buy a new one than get an old one serviced if you'd no contract. Might it be worth enquiring? They might be quicker on the uptake for that.

Stay warm and safe. Sleeping bags are good, especially those that have a drawstring at the neck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    New boiler fitted, the old one was between 30--40 tears old. Heating been on since lunchtime but not doing much yet.
  • frogmorton
    PHEW!!!!!!

It will soon warm up :D
  • Airwave!
    OH nearly started divorce proceedings this mirning after boiler had stopped, she thought I'd been fidfling with it. Peace has niw been restored and I can stick my hwad above the parapet again. Phew indeed.