Hello

Crocus
Crocus Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi, I've just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I was diagnosed with OA and Fibromyalgia in 2012. OA affects the majority of my joints in varying degrees; my hands, knees, hips, cervical and lumbar spine are the most affected. I had spinal decompression and fusion surgery in 2015 to alleviate spinal nerve compression.

I try to lead as normal and active a life as possible despite the pain of both conditions, but really struggle in the Winter months. I'm hoping that by joining the forum I can find support and alternative methods of managing these conditions from people who understand how these conditions affect me.

Thank you in advance t115006

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi crocus
    Welcome to the forum sorry you are going through a lot at the moment we understand what you are going through as everyone here has a form of arthritis we are also very friendly and sympathetic people who will try and help in any way to make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi crocus and welcome from me too. I have RA and OA.

I think you're doing well by trying to stay as active as possible and I hope the summer months will help you out a bit.

Have you read about 'Living With Arthritis'? (Grey menu above.) There are lots of tips here https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis .

Please join in anywhere. Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat forums are the most popular. Just add your two pennorth :wink: or start a new thread. I'll look forward to seeing you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I began my auto-immune arthritis in 1997 when I was 37 (it was accurately diagnosed in 2006 which changed nothing) then osteoarthritis was diagnosed in 2011. I too have fibro: life is as good as it gets and understanding that it will not improve helps me to get on better with it. Walking aids enable me to get out and about for longer and to further, moving house in 2013 to eradicate stairs made a positive physical difference in that, for a while, it reduced pain levels but they've caught up as the deterioration continues. :lol:

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, more read than post and there's a lot to read. We all get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben