Mig Updates

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 6. Sep 2019, 04:52 in Living with arthritis
Hello to the friends of Mig, she and I have been in personal touch over the years and she accepted my offer to provide regular updates so she can save her very precious energies.

She went into hospital in Friday for treatment to reduce her calcium levels, it wasn't effective enough so they kept her in last night too. Now she has been told that they are still not low enough so another night's stay has been arranged. I know that it was planned to begin the chemo tomorrow but whether that will go ahead is not yet known. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you so much DD. This will become an extremely important link with mig as she progresses through the difficult times ahead. Still collecting strength in a bucket for her. Much love and hugs from the gang in Val's Cafe. t4591 t115006 t115006 t115006 t4591

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thanks, DD.

Mig, I'm thinking of you and willing down those calcium levels. I hope the next bulletin will be a bit better. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD, thank you for the update. It's lovely of you to do this for Mig.

Mig - I hope things sort themselves out so that you can start your treatment.

I'm thinking of you. t69044

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Mig,

Hope those calcium levels are finally behaving themselves

Love
    Yvonne and the mod team xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Thanks for standing in the gap DD.

Might, I hope the calcium level sorts itself out and all progresses as smoothly as possible.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks DD
    Thinking about you Mig and hope those calcium levels come down very then you can start the chemo..and get on the road to recovery.. t4591 xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Thank you for the updates DD :)

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers Mig, I trust that those Calcium levels come down asap. t4591 t115006 t4591 XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, I have heard from our girl. The docs have been to see her and the following action is being taken: she is now having 100mg steroids per day, something to directly hit the calcium through a drip and is also on a saline drip. Further bloods will be done once all of this has had time to take effect.

The calcium levels need to be correct before they can begin the trial in which she is taking part. The meds are new to Nottingham and they want to ensure they have everything right. DD
  • bubbles
    Thank you for the update DD - I hope the trial that Mig has chosen is of greatest help. t4591 t4591
    Calcium levels to sort first, which they are well on with by the sounds of things. Loads of love t4591

XXX Aidan
  • dreamdaisy
    Everyone is more than welcome update-wise, obviously I would prefer not to be doing them because she didn't need them but, all things being equal, it's the least I can do. This kind of treatment is incredibly tiring and if I can take the load of letting people know how she is then that is one of the odder pleasures of life. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    She has just texted me, she is staying in tonight because the consultant has not seen her bloods; she is now receiving only paracetamol. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Thank you DD
    . love to Mig we are all thinking about her((((())))
    . thank you take care
    . joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    That is serious steroids and I do hope they've done their job well and quickly. Then the treatment and recovery can begin.

Love to mig ((( ))) and a few for you, too, DD. ((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    I have heard from Mig, she is going home! She has to return for a clinic on Thursday and will start the chemo on Monday. She has strict instructions to stay away from those with bugs, colds or any other kind of infection which I am sure she will - the medicos are very excited about the trial in which she is participating. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    This is excellent news Dreamdaisy thank you very much.

I am so pleased mig is coming home :D On behalf of the moderators - WELCOME HOME!

Ellen
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I was thinking that Sticky, I hope they are taking precautions to protect her bones from Osteoporosis! High dose steroids over long periods is how I got it. :? So worried about our mig. t4591

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thankyou DD
    Love and many hugs for mig.. (())xx..who knows this trial could be so very important for future treatments..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, she texted me just after 7pm with the news she had just got home. Her daughter is cooking bangers and mash with Yorkshire pud and gravy - nom nom nom nom nom! :D Mr DD is setting off for Mig's as I type . . . . .
  • bubbles
    I am hoping the same Barbara, that the new trial will be a milestone in treatment
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop DD. Many hugs (((())) to you and to Mig, along with oodles of love and positive thoughts t4591 t4591
    Dinner sounds wonderful :)
    XXX Aidan
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    Please pass on my best wishes to Mig. I'll be thinking of her
  • stickywicket
    Home will provide a wonderful respite from all the hospital visits, drips and etc of last week.

Mig, if you're reading this, please be a lady of leisure and allow yourself to be pampered. You deserve it.

((( )))
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Sending hugs Mig, enjoy a bit pampering and resting. ((((( )))))

Deb xx t69044
  • dreamdaisy
    I heard from her this morning, she is being very practical in thinking about what she might need aids-wise and Mr Mig had plans for lunch: spaghetti on toast with cheese. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    She has gone to her last clinic before chemo begins on Monday. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    . Thank you DD
    . Hello Mig we will be thinking about you on Monday
    . take care