edited 28. Feb 2019, 13:02 in Living with arthritis
Stuff hurts. 'Nuff said. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to hear this DD.

You are an amazingly strong lady who never fails to support everyone on here. Think you need a virtual (and therefore gentle) hug. ((( )))

Hope things settle for you soon.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    :( hope stuff settles to relatively bearable really soon. Xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you ladies, you are too kind;. I am finding this winter far heavier going than last so can only conclude that things are worse with me than they were. Hey-ho, it is what it is and it will do what it will do. I have a form for knee Xrays, it's been in our Letters rack for over three years, but can't be bothered to confirm what I already suspect, I can't see the king (I typed point, my machine decided otherwise but I liked the utter nonsense of Lenovo!). DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Stuff is still hurting (I have no idea why :wink: ) and to further complicate matters I have run out of my anti-depressants which is not helping. The surgery is playing hard-to-get with arranging an appointment to see a GP, apparently I have to see one to confirm that I am still arthritic and still in pain. GMS. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD ia sorry to hear you are struggling..I do put it down the change in pressure with this nice weather..sods law I call it :roll: ..hope think improve very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Member Posts: 17
    sending a very gentle hug t69044
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello vikingqueen, it's very kind of you to post in support, I appreciate it.

I am pleased to report an improvement in the GPs' receptionist's attitude towards my request, I am booked in for next Tuesday at 8am. I think being there in person makes a difference, I had my routine blood test then lined up to see the woman who thinks she's a boss. Naturally I had to announce to the whole queue the reason why I had had the temerity to ask to see an actual doctor but they all pretended they hadn't heard (and let's face it, as most were in heads-down-phone-mode they probably hadn't). I hope there will not be any difficulty in receiving a new script for them, Mr DD has already had his Naproxen refused and told to buy ibuprophen OTC, with Brexit being blamed for the shortage. Wo-evah.

They had a new electronic log-in system, firstly one has the choice of fourteen languages (represented by national flags) and then, having specified the date of birth you have to choose the right month from a choice of five to complete the process. I hadn't realised Ipswich was so multi-cultural but I guess any conurbation within seventy miles of London will be. Yours parochially, DD.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Ouch, indeed. I hope Tuesday's visit is fruitful.

Actually, not just London. My previous hospital, in Leeds, had these machines. I rather liked them as they were much quicker than queuing at reception.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I don't doo hugs but I think a group one would make us all feel better.

Ready? Go! ((((((((())))))))))) Thrre better already.....an excellent distraction technique.
  • dreamdaisy
    Airwave! you are a sweetie, thank you. DD