Busy times

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 17. Mar 2019, 16:59 in Living with arthritis
So sorry to have been absent so long but the last three months since my move have been great but busy!
So,
Apart from a new bed and mattress all my new (including a couple of vintage pieces, one of which is a magnificent 1930s pharmacists cabinet) is in place.
I have curtains up in all windows, a friend and her Mum were kind enough to hang my last pair for the living room for me.
All my boxes are unpacked.
My garden (previously mainly grass, flowers and small trees) with a slope up to the drive and garage has been transformed and I now have a lovely patio that goes the full width of the bungalow at the back, raised beds, steps up to the back and all finished with proper "bricks"
And, my garage has now become a beautiful purpose built jewellery studio, and has really become my "happy" place.
What else? Two friends have been up for visits.
I've nearly lost my first stone with Slimming World.
Still going down to South London every 3-4 weeks for the weekend to visit my family which is lovely but totally exhausting and wipes me out for a couple of days after.
I've joined the WI and tomorrow I've got a meeting about becoming a school governor.
And last weekend I got all dressed up and went to a charity ball raising money for Versus Arthritis.
I'm starting to get back into a routine now which suits me and managing my new life which is not full on as such but more active than before along with Claudia (my name for my arthritis), and her friends. That doesn't change sadly.
And last week I met our local celebrity, Warwick Davies.
Tired myself out just writing that, so tomorrow I will pop back and start catching up with all of you.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Heavens, is it really 3 months? So glad things are going well - you really are starting a new life by the sound of it. That's good you have the garden sorted out so you can use it - here's to some good weather later in the year so you can make the most of it.
  • Slosh
    Options
    The time has flown by. My new garden furniture is waiting to be used and garden make over stage 2 starts next Monday with the removal of two enormous ivy bushes, one is about 9ft tall and pruning/tidying up of the rest of the garden.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Sounds like it's all going really well, definitely the new start you needed and hoped for. Keep enjoying your lovely new home.

Deb xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Well done, as ever, Slosh. You're really making this move work for you and I'm very pleased you're succeeding on so many fronts. Keep up the good work :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you Slosh, so glad you are now settled into your new home. The Jewelery studio sounds amazing
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks all, hopefully things will settle down a bit now, I am so happy here, just need my family up here with me.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Speaking from experience, that will be the icing on the cake and a lovely thing to look forward to :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Slosh, I know you’ve had lots of changes with retiring and moving house which are huge life changes. You clearly embrace everything you do and make the most of it. You’re a hero. :D
  • Slosh
    Options
    Well that's something I've never been called before! Thank you Starburst, I will do my best to live up to it!
    Julian of Norwich