Arthritic knee

Daisymae
Daisymae Member Posts: 50
edited 17. Mar 2019, 12:47 in Living with arthritis
I have recently been suffering with a very painful arthritic knee, I also felt physically very unwell, is this usual.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I don't think so, Daisymae, but how upsetting for you. I have two kinds of arthritis all over the place but feel well in myself - and look well too which confuses people around me. There are times when the pain can make me feel very nauseous, and sometimes the lack of decent quality sleep has that effect, but that is all. What medication has your GP prescribed? I ask because that could be a factor if it doesn't suit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Daisymae
    thank you for your post and welcome to the online community. Arthritis in the knee can be very painful. Do you know what type of arthritis you have? You might find this information on the website useful https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/
    You might also find it useful to phone our Helplines on 0800 520 0520 Our members on the community here are very knowledgable and I am sure they will share their experience with you. Keep us updated on how you get on
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello and how are things today?

I, too, wonder if you're on some sort of medication which is making you feel unwell. Or, perhaps, you're just going down with a bug. How are you feeling unwell - like a cold / flu / tummy bug? And how long have you felt like this?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Daisymae
    Daisymae Member Posts: 50
    Yes I had been suffering from the flu, previous to my knee really hurting and x Ray showed arthritis, I am not on medication, just felt really unwell, starting to pick up a bit, knee not quite so bad, thank you
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thankk you for the update. I hope things continue to improve but, if not, don't be afraid to get checked out with your GP. And we are always here to help in any way we can.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright