You read it here first

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
edited 15. Mar 2019, 10:27 in Living with arthritis
I have a cold. I don't want a cold as I'm going out for two meals with (i)family and (ii)friends in the next few days. Having eaten a rather delicious salad for lunch in which I was very heavy on the onion and capsicum, I seemed to remember that a drink of honey and cinnamon was supposed to be good for colds. I next discovered that it tastes OK if you don't actually look at it. But then I decided to google 'honey and cinnamon' and here's where it affects you all.

According to 'curejoy' (https://tinyurl.com/y254yfmx) docs at Copenhagen University treated their patients with honey and cinnamon powder and 'Within a week, out of the 200 people treated, 73 patients were totally relieved of pain; within a month, almost all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain. '

You heard it here, first, guys. We are all messing about with DMARDS, biologics, NSAIDS and opioids when all we really need is honey and cinnamon. (Yeah. Right. Who needs rheumatologists? What do they know?)

Oh, and while you're all busy curing yourselves of arthritis (presumably all kinds) the honey and cinnamon will also be curing your acne, skin infections, weight loss, hair loss, bladder infections, toothache, cold, cough, upset stomach and bad breath.

And that's why we shouldn't trust Dr Google.

DD, should we resurrect our 'Tripe' thread? Maybe flog 'em a new product - tripe with honey and cinnamon?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's a shame that reading tripe doesn't work, isn't it? If it did so many would be cured. :roll: As you may recall I dropped my tripe therapy down to double and felt better within myself for so doing.

I am still bemused why people think this dross holds a cintilla of truth, the body is a disease waiting to happen, end of. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I get so fed up with these so called "cures" and angry with those who make money out of peddling them to the desperate and vulnerable.
    Hope you cold gets better soon SW
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Perhaps we should print this out and stick it to the 'fridge door, I'm sure it must be good for weight loss too - TRIPE :lol:

My gran's favourite 'cure all' was a tot of warm brandy. She even gave it me as a child. Two of her children had Pneumonia as babies, one was treated following the doc's advice. Sadly he died. The other was given warm brandy - he's still alive and kicking. :D Makes you think.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    It does indeed.

When ours were babies and Bonjela was proving totally ineffective to stop night time teething screams, we applied a smear of whisky. They licked their lips and fell asleep. Neither of them are alcoholics though the younger has quite a collection of whiskies :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    :):D:lol: :animal_busy:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein