wrist support

Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 21. Mar 2019, 14:43 in Living with arthritis
Is a roller bandage better than tubigrip as a support for arthritic wrist pain or is a wrist brace even better

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,708
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Before my wrists fused I used crepe bandage to help support them but then I was prescribed a wrist support from orthotics and that was infinitely better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Like SW I have wrist supports prescribed via the rheumatology department, they certainly help when the wrists are problematic. You can buy them on line at a reasonable cost, or perhaps your local pharmacy could source one for you.

Hope he finds the right thing to help.
    Deb x
  • Lotsofpain
    Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
    The other thing i could do with help with is something to support the very top of my thighs where it meets the abdomen. I have chrocic pain there which may come from my stiff back or hip but thats where the pain is
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,708
    The groin is a classic area in which to feel pain when a hip is deteriorating. I found exercises to be the only help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hi,

I've got a wrist support (a rigid one) which I got from my local pharmacy. Yes, I had to pay for it but I got the right size for my wrist, which is important, rather than a generic "one-size fits all" version. It wasn't that expensive either in my view.

For most of us with Arthritis the secret is usually to try and keep the muscles around the affected joint as strong as possible. Those muscles help support the affected joint. Have you thought about seeing if you could have some physio on the wrist? Might help.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!