New to this

Kelly24
Kelly24 Member Posts: 2
edited 2. Apr 2019, 06:15 in Living with arthritis
Hi all am new to this I am 31 years old and I have had to have a fusion done on my ankle and now have arthritis in my right knee and left foot is there any one who has the same issue and I could talk with

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Kelly24,

Great to meet you, welcome to the forum.

So arthritis started with your ankle and now it’s affecting more joints, not very easy to get your head around I know. Which type of arthritis is affecting you? That would help me to find something that might help you find a way forward.

I find it most difficult explaining to someone that my wrists are really bad on Monday but on Wednesday they are behaving. I’m sure people think I’m making it up! However all the people that matter don’t, and we don’t here either.

Looking forward to hearing a little bit more about your condition soon.

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis in my toes and knees, plus osteo in my ankles, knees and hips: both are also in the upper body but my spine is currently OK. I started age 37 and am now 60. I haven't had any replacements or fusion surgery but I can empathise with pain and its deleterious effects on all aspects of our lives. Is your arthritis an auto-immune or osteo? What meds are you taking? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Kelly. You can 'talk' to all of us on here. We all have arthritis of some kind, in some places. My own ankles have fused themselves over many years but, of course, that doesn't stop the arthritis in other joints. How can we help? What would you like to know?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright