Clocks.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Apr 2019, 06:15 in Chit chat
Yup, tonight it's the bi-annual bother, we 'spring' forward so lose an hour in bed. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think 'springing forward' is not within the grasp of most of us but thanks for the reminder, DD. I shall try to compensate by going to bed earlier but, as a lie-in is not possible, I shall endeavour to lurch and curse my way forward in the morning.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I did all our clocks on the ground floor at 8pm to make our bedtime look a little more respectable! Mr DD is turning, slowly but surely, into a GOM* of the first order; the mutterings and grumbling about losing an hour's sleep, how he would be getting the papers at six o'clock instead of seven (no, eight o'clock instead of seven :roll: ) was most exasperating. DD

*GOM = grumpy old man. I am proudly becoming a GOW. :D
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Bit unfortunate it coincided with Mother's Day this year. I find the going forward more difficult that the going back - it seems to involve more adjustment, and if I'm working that Sunday I always worry about being late.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope you're settled and established in the new time regime, Daffy. I quite like the kerfuffle, it's a reminder that better, brighter weather is on the way as we shrug off the last binds of winter. The fact it lies is neither here nor there! DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Getting there thank you DD. This year's change has been complicated by having had a succession of viruses, the last of which has caused problems that make me less resilient to changes like this. Never mind, I'll get there, and not having to do a full time job is an advantage.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Perhaps we could have a referendum on a more suitable time format? Leaving Greenwich Mean Time would be interesting!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Airwave, you're just being mischievous :lol: Surely that would make a total Brexit of everything :wink:

I know there was once a serious thought about sticking with GMT but I think the problem lies with schoolchildren in N Scotland who would be travelling in the dark and more accidents resulting.

I never quite understand why California has Daylight Saving Time though I suppose the clue is in the title. They have quite a lot of daylight normally but then I guess much of it is to do with time differences over the USA in general. Their days start early (Our grandson's school starts at 8am) presumably so that business people can talk to their equivalents in New York before the New Yorkers' lunch.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright