What to wear after trapeziectomy day surgery?

Megrose2
Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
edited 17. Mar 2022, 10:25 in Living with arthritis
My trapeziectomy should be day surgery, so I've been thinking about what I can wear so that I can get dressed relatively easily after the op. If the nerve block works this time (hopefully),my right arm is going to be completely numb, so I need to have something I can get my arm into easily and I'll then also have a padded sling to wear. Maybe a top with short sleeves? I'm not going to wear a bra - I'm fairly slight, so that's not a problem - as I can remember how difficult it was to get back into it after my previous trapeziectomy! I've already decided on pull-up trousers and easy-fasten sandals, but any thoughts about a top would be appreciated.

Meg
Tagged:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    When I had my double carpal tunnel I wore my ordinary clothes so hopefully the Tshirt will already be in place; my thinking is to opt for a slinky poncho, it will cover the sling, keep you warm and serve as a visual reminder the hand is not to be used. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Thank you, DD. What a great idea to wear a poncho, I didn't think of that at all. So, I've just bought one! :D

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh crikey, I hope you too become a devotee! I like them because they give warmth without weight, once one has found a way to don and remove with relative ease they are useful (and pack neatly into bags so always handy when out and about). My favourite is made from bamboo fibre, it appeals to my inner panda. :wink: DD

🐼
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben