New Here

baloydi
baloydi Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello,

I've been suffering Arthritis since I was 18 years old because of poor food choices like eating intestines or other internal organs of pork. I used to heavily consume hard drinks like rum.

I am now 27 and suffering high uric acid level sometimes I reach 17.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi baloydi and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forums.

I’m sorry to hear you have been suffering from arthritis for a long time, but if you need support or want to ask questions you have come to the right place.

I’m pretty certain we don’t know that poor food choices cause Arthritis, although some people do find that their symptoms improve as a result of changing what they eat.

The website has a great section on changing diet and how that may help:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/diet/

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have an auto-immune arthritis thanks to poor genes and osteoarthritis because of the damage caused by the other. Your post, although dramatic, gives us little information about either the arthritis you have or what medication you are taking to control the gout (which I assume you have as you mention uric acid levels). Purines are known to trigger gout (I think meat-wise both pork and turkey are culprits) but, as it is also one of the auto-immune inflammatory conditions, it may need more than diet to reduce its activity. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Welcome from me too.

Do tell us a bit more about yourself and your arthritis. We might have some ideas to help.

Toni