End of an Era.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Apr 2019, 08:22 in Living with arthritis
My last humira injection is warming through on my bedside table. I am being brought a cup of tea and a hot cross bun as a reward for being a good little presser of the burgundy button. In a fortnight's time I'll be eyeing up the pretend humira, the stuff that fell off the back of a medical lorry. 8)

I can't remember when I began this regime, for some reason the years 2007 and 2009 are coming to the fore and I suspect it was the former: truth be told it's irrelevant. The humira / meth combo have done a reasonable job of keeping the PsA under control so I hope that continues with the imraldi but as usual I will expect nothing in the hope of being pleasantly surprised. One day that might happen with medical matters but I won't hold my breath, if the status quo is maintained that will be enough. It has had to be, is and hopefully will be. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hope it goes well for you , I hate it when they change things over because something else is cheaper , my biologic is changing as well and going back on a tablet to be taken twice a day instead on injections once a week

Keep the glass half full & hope for the best , after 25 years of RA I am still hoping some day they will find the answer or have all my joints replaced
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply, trepolpen, I appreciate it. I don't mind the change and can understand the reason for it: as more and more people need access to these meds the cost rises and rises: I have been a drain on the NHS since I was eight and that is never going to change, just increase as I age and start the dross I should be having! :lol:

Are they now able to do a biologic in a tablet form? I recall when I was having my infusions, over fifteen years ago now, I was chatting to another patient whose daughter was researching whether this could be done. Anyhoo I hope it all goes well for you, I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Best of luck with it, DD. A change is always a bit of a concern with meds but I hope this one proves beneficial. Fingers, as ever, crossed :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Good luck DD. Hope you enjoyed your hot cross bun.
    Is it me or are the new names a bit of a tongue twister? Enbrel is easier to say than benapali, humira easier than imraldi....or am I just over thinking this? :lol: