Thank you, VA, for this forum.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 19. Jan 2020, 14:26 in Living with arthritis
This is something that us regulars do not say anywhere near as often as we should so I hope to redress that.

I for one greatly appreciate your collective time, effort and dedication in keeping this platform up and running for people like myself to use when needed (and when others need information). I do not underestimate the effort it can take as I know each and everyone of the 'management' is also dealing with arthritis in its varying forms. More power to your creaky elbows, everyone, and my heartfelt thanks. DD

💐
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HEAR HEAR! t4591
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I could not agree more. Thank you VA. t4591
    In the early days and months of diagnosis, this place was my saviour and kept me going. Even when I don’t post, I think of here as my “home”. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Thank you from me for the time and effort that you put in to provide us with this site it has helped so much.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thank you, DD, for an excellent thread.

I, too, am grateful for all the hard work of Mods, webmanager etc.It just happens that I'm currently reading a cricket book (no great surprise there) in which the author is emphasising how much work is put in all year round by a dedicated team of volunteers just so that cricket can happen each summer. I guess it's the same with all voluntary groups and charities. The surface stays smooth but, below the surface, many feet are paddling like mad.

Thank you all from me, too. Please keep on paddling. It is much appreciated.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Everyone
    Thank you so much for your comments on Volunteers and Mods,I love working for you all to keep this a safe forum for all of you,as do all the Mods.I also love reading your news and comments on various subjects.
    From a very Grateful Mod Christine
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hear Hear DD
    . Thank you everyone we would be lost without you all
    . thank you for caring about us(((((((((()))))))
    . Joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    You are so wonderful and although you also suffer the same things that we do, you never let that take over your hard work and compassion for us.

t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dreamdaisy
    It's time to renew my thanks to Sharon and and all the Mods for this forum. It is a valuable resource for those new to this disease and the work that goes on behind-the-scenes must be acknowledged by those of us, like me, who take it for granted.

Thank you, everyone, at Arthritis Mansions. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you DD for your kind words, very much appreciated.
    Not sure about the "mansions"
    Hope you're having a low pain day
    Kind regards
    ChrisK
    Mod.
  • stickywicket
    I, too am 'ongoingly'(?) grateful for the forums and the support offered. It is food for thought that all you Mods have either arthritis or 'an arthritis connection'. You use your misfortunes for the benefit of all of us here. Thank you again.

(Arthritis Mansions? Or Arthritic Mansions :wink: )
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Adding thanks and appreciation. I tried to explain to my hubby how important this is, especially when you're feeling isolated and unsure about the arthritic nonsense, or life in general.

To my fellow arthritic warriors-thanks too, for being there, for understanding, for taking time to support and encourage-you're all super heroes in your own way just getting on with life despite all the nonsense we cope with.

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044
  • stickywicket
    I hope you're including yourself in that, Deb. I certainly do m0150
    Steven Wright
  • Gobutslow
    Gobutslow Member Posts: 23
    Thank you. t69044

I may not post very often, but I read the VA forum a few times a week.
    You all keep me going on a bad day. t4591
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    I may be rubbish at using icons, smilies and other images but I hugely appreciate the way in which the forums have enhanced my coping strategies over the last ten years and have given greater quality if life.

Thank you so much!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    A big thankyou from me, I agree with Joan we would be lost without you all... t4591 t69044 t69044
    Love
    Barbara
  • Marcia
    Marcia Member Posts: 84
    Hi everyone
    I am soooooooo grateful to VA for all the information on the forum that if the help line had not suggested to me to register on the community line I would never have got all the information that I have now and knowledge that I am able to pass on to my clients that I support as a Family Support Worker. Again this has helped me tremendously to educate my colleagues at work even though they come across not interested. I have learnt to pace myself as books I got from VA and to eat more healthier and types of food to eat and avoid.
    So I am very grateful thank you soooooooo much and keep up the good work.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I would like to add my thanks. Knowing this safety blanket is here makes it much easier to cope when things get tough. I would also like to thank you for running such a forum so well. It is not only a civilised and safe place but when technical matters arise they don't cause disruption and any problems are quickly dealt with.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I am rubbish at all the emotions but I know that you help me often in ways that it’s difficult to put into words.

Thank you.
  • dreamdaisy
    Well, another busy month for the VA forum has flown past! It's time for me to
    again pass on my thanks for all the hard work by those behind the scenes that goes in to running this valuable resource: it is much appreciated. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    A little belated I admit but better late than never!

Once more my thanks to all behind-the-scenes who enable us to have this valuable resource and point of contact with fellow arthritics of all ages and levels. I remember the relief I felt when I discovered that other people too had the same as me - I knew I wasn't alone but I had no-one in my social circle similarly affected. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    I was late for July so trying to get myself back on track: surely I can organise myself on at least one thing. :roll: Yup, it's a challenge :lol:

Obviously things have been quieter on here due to the summer break but as usual that does not apply to the disease or its activities. Thank you, VA, for this valuable resource. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Thank you from me too. I may not have been very active on here(or anywhere else come to that...) recently but I do look in every day and it's good to know it's there.
  • dreamdaisy
    Another month has flown past (despite appearing to crawl) and still we lurch on. :lol: I remain thankful for the forum and hope to be a more frequent flier soon but confess to a severe lack of urgency on that front: I have more time to do more rewarding things that help me and I am enjoying that feeling.

How long will it be before Versus Arthritis is the main title for the charity? I am used to the dual branding but it must be confusing for newcomers. Anyhoo, thank you, VA, for continuing to provide this platform for us moaners and groaners. DD
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    HEAR HEAR

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• [Deleted User]
    Hi DD
    The forums are going to be moved onto a new platform very shortly and will be totally rebranded by then. I will be bringing news on the timeline very soon. Thank you for this feedback and we are all working a quickly as possible.
    I am really excited about the new offer so all I can say for now is watch this space and tahnk you!!
    Best Wishes
    Sharon