Replacement knees

Options
KnobblyKnees
KnobblyKnees Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi, just joined. I've been advised to have two knee replacements as I have no cartilage left. I put it off 5 years ago as a woman in the assessment group contracted MRSA and lost part of her leg. I've now been referred to a private hospital through the NHS run by Ramsay Health Care. Can anyone offer any experiences or recommendations of this organisation please?
Many thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello
    Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. The members on here are very friendly, will offer you advice, suggestions, they will support you and will emphasis with you.

On this site you will see buttons at the top of this page you will see some buttons which when pressed will lead you to all the information and subjects Versus Arthritis offers. There is also a freephone helpline where you can speak to one of the helpline members. The number is 0800 520 0520

I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the Arthritis 'hangers on' or look after family with the same.

I look forward to reading your future posts.
    Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about the hospital or the group. In fact I don't think we're allowed to promote or criticise specific hospitals or docs on here.

What I can tell is is that your friend was just unfortunate. I had new knees back in 1981. They were brilliant. One gave out 27 years later and the other is still with me.

There are far more people with success stories about new knees than who have had problems. If you want the best treatment look for a teaching hospital rather than a private one. And check how many such operations your surgeon has done.

Finally, do the required exercises both before and after the op. Don't rush your recovery but bear in mind the exercises do involve some pain. I wish you as much success as I've had.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright