Medmin.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. May 2019, 07:19 in Living with arthritis
That's my term, poached from Miranda, for medical administration (hers was the more cheerful 'wedmin' for wedding administration).

Let joy abound for today is my first imraldi! I want cheering throngs to line the street, bands to play and bunting galore but I'll settle for a cuppa and Mr DD for moral support. I've been thorough in my preparation by reading all the info again, ticked off possible side effects as I already have them (fatigue, muscle pain, joint aches blah blah blah) and sniggered at the suggestion that my prescribing doctor will want to know immediately if things go mammaries upwards.

I have also revised my medications list in my purse - that's the medmin bit. For those of you who are still fairly new to this kinda thing I recommend carrying about your person a list of medications that you are taking so, that in the event of an unforeseen catastrophe, anyone medicsl dealing with you will know from the start what meds you are currently taking. DD

PS If anyone fancies a spot of thronging kick off will be around 9am. :D
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm a bit late to the throng!

How did it go? Is it an easy device to use?

Sensible recommendation about keeping a meds list about ones person.
    I keep all my warning cards in my purse. They sit next to my RHS and NT membership cards.
    I suppose they denote membership of a club I didn't really want to join.
    :)
  • dreamdaisy
    It was very quiet here, I think people were still thronging in Berkshire where a woman has had a baby (something that rarely happens).

Thank you for asking, BettyMac, it was very straightforward and easier in some ways than the humira pen as the device is activated by merely pressing it against taut skin which I find easier than the pinching. It stung superbly but that is merely due to a poor choice of site (wish the nerves showed on the skin!) I then had a cuppa and went out into the garden to rip up weeds, admittedly with some aggression. Today I am mostly feeling hacked off by my faulty and ridiculous body, that happens from time to time: it's hard work being cheerful and occasionally I cannot be bothered to make the effort! DD
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Sorry to have missed the main event DD I hope it went okay and give those weeds hell, they are a good focus for your anger.
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Stella, how lovely to hear from you, it's very kind of you to reply. I was genuinely thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you are getting on. I uprooted a large amount of weedage, we have many paving slabs which have not been properly laid or cemented so stuff grows very happily in between them. I managed to leave all my rogue aquilegia (sp?) because I love those but the sticky grass, borage, ivy and dandelions met their ends. :D

The injection itself was fine but I decided to make today one where I am allowed to be feeble and feeble I have been. it's necessary every once in a while to drop the cheerful mask and let the unhappiness show. I have done some useful things inside too but mostly I have laid in bed feeling sorry for myself. :lol: DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    DD sometimes laying in bed feeling miserable is not only permissible it's essential! :cry: We need a space to admit to ourselves just how our stupid bodies let us down and how hard it is to maintain the smiling face to the rest of the world because they neither want nor need to know how hard it is to keep going.

Hope today gets better, and the daily distraction therapy does its job.

DD xx
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Hello DD I am feeling a bit better thanks, I saw the GP at last yesterday he is a new one and says he will keep an eye on me.The rash is still there but not as bad so is probabably due to medication.
    I also have aquilegias I love how they cross with each other and you get new flower shapes and colours but they are also very good at seeding there are hundreds of them in the alpine troughs that are to come out once this rain stops.

I hope you have a better day, my distraction today is fruit bread and hubby has just shouted that it has gone like quatermass so it needs to go in the oven. Stella