I've been reunited with my BBs.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 18. May 2019, 10:01 in Living with arthritis
Yup, the beige beauties are once more to the fore (i.e. my working splints). I had a very vivid dream last night, I was on a fishing smack in turbulent seas so braced against the side by my knees, gripping the deck with my toes and hauling in the full nets by hand. I woke up with painful feet, knees and hands.

In discussion with The Spouse a couple of hours later I explained why I was wearing the BBs and he said 'Ah, that makes sense.' Apparently in my sleep I had been flapping my hands about as if pulling something heavy.

I am grateful that my splints were a gift from the NHS, and they fulfil a need, but those who know me will understand why I will be going on a hunt for something a little more 'glam'. Bet the only glamming I can find will be black. :roll: I plan on not doing much today sonic can rest my mitts as much as possible. We are going out for lunch so he can drive and I can have a glass of something lovely. :wink:

Right, I've whined (later I will have wined too) so am off until tomorrow. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The beige beauties? I remember them well. Yours and mine. Well, actually, mine were so ancient they came only in NHS pink. Remember those awful specs kids used to have to endure? Yup, THAT pink.

My dear DD, if you will go out trawling at night what can you expect? Certainly not PIP :lol:

Seriously, isn't it odd how the mind can interpret - almost logically :wink: - the pain that the body is experiencing? I hope the BBs do their job and quickly though, frankly, as we both know, we deteriorate so much more quickly and easily than we ameliorate. Get blinging.

How about a competition? Best blinged aid. Crutches and sticks don't count as they can be bought sparkly and shiny. It has to be something truly ugly to begin with. BBs will definitely qualify as, I believe, will the hideous old neoprene support currently holding my knee together. (I won't say 'in place'. That would have my orthopaedic surgeon róaring with laughter.) I have a feeling you'll win hands (pardon the pun) down. You are blinging good at this sort of thing.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you my lovely, that was the laugh and thus the tonic I needed! I've had a rather difficult day with hurt and pain, lunch was excellent but I'd forgotten how difficult it can be to maneouvre cutlery with a metal strip running up your palm.

I'm hoping that I will not need them tonight but they will be by the bed, just in case. I'm determined to remain a landlubber but my brain might have other ideas. :roll: DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Check out kuvrs they make beautiful splint covers in a whole range of colourful designs.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for that, Slosh, I'm trying to decide between three, my favourite one of dilemma. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD - I'm sorry you are struggling with this at the moment. I hope things improve as much as possible for you as soon as possible.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Just treated myself to a couple of new ones.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Ahhh, a case of fishermens friends eh!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :lol::lol::lol: I love it, Airwave.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Airwave, I'm everyone's friend. :wink::lol:

Last night I was busy designing and sewing a new Swedish national flag, together with Kirsten Doodah from The Repair Shop. She was taking up an unreasonable amount of space so my knees were very squashed. The pain breakthrough in them, especially the right, was exquisite and wrote off my morning. DD