PIP form completed . . .

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Jun 2019, 09:24 in Work and financial support
. . . And in the post. I've answered as honestly as I can with everything being based on the worst days: it makes for depressing reading :lol: . I have also included a letter from my rheumatologist confirming that the switch from humira to imraldi is not working and that my fibro is very active (unlike its host) and my repeat script ensuring they are aware the GP does not prescribe the meth and humira/imraldi. Now the waiting begins but in the meantime the first bit of benmin is done, hurrah! (benmin = benefits administration) DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Rookie error. I completely omitted the fact I have regular blood tests, something that many don't. Maybe I subconsciously did so so we have something extra to chat about at my interview. :wink: DD
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    The umpteen pages, ( I think about 50), do make for somewhat depressing reading, :? when you look back at them, with Drs letters, repeats, etc etc. I hope the DWP don't keep you waiting too long XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    I only had one doctor's letter (which probably won't help as she praised my unaided walking!) but did state that I am currently very unwell so who knows? The trouble is, Aidan, I'm still breathing so ergo fit for work. :lol:

Yes, it is a long booklet but as less than half involves any writing at length it is more manageable than at first glance. Those who lack confidence, however, in their writing skills etc., will find it very daunting because it is.

Thank you for your help and support, Aidan, it is much appreciated. DD
  • bubbles
    You are very welcome DD.

You are quite right, it looks completely daunting, when you open "the pack" from pip.

Those who have no help, or do not know how to access help, to fill in the forms with them, it must be terrifying.

Even filling in the forms between us, brought on alopecia :shock: :shock: bald in three places, within a week. :roll: :roll:
    t4591 t4591
  • Cressida
    Cressida Member Posts: 10
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    . . . And in the post. I've answered as honestly as I can with everything being based on the worst days: it makes for depressing reading :lol: . I have also included a letter from my rheumatologist confirming that the switch from humira to imraldi is not working and that my fibro is very active (unlike its host) and my repeat script ensuring they are aware the GP does not prescribe the meth and humira/imraldi. Now the waiting begins but in the meantime the first bit of benmin is done, hurrah! (benmin = benefits administration) DD

Hello I've just joined the forum and am in the process of completing the form for PIP. I must admit it's pretty complex and I am really nervous about submitting it. Not sure why as I seem to fulfil the criteria but have never claimed any benefits before but the form is a bit of a beast!
  • bubbles
    Hi Cressida - lovely to meet you and welcome to the forum, you will find it a very friendly and helpful place :)

The form can look daunting. I was transferring from DLA to PIP. As long as you have answered everything, making sure you highlight the needs that you have and the help that you require from another person / partner etc.
    Keep a copy of everything, including Drs or other health professionals letters.
    Best to send it off recorded signed for, so there can be no excuse for the DWP not to receive the forms. Aidan X
  • Cressida
    Cressida Member Posts: 10
    bubbles wrote:
    Hi Cressida - lovely to meet you and welcome to the forum, you will find it a very friendly and helpful place :)

The form can look daunting. I was transferring from DLA to PIP. As long as you have answered everything, making sure you highlight the needs that you have and the help that you require from another person / partner etc.
    Keep a copy of everything, including Drs or other health professionals letters.
    Best to send it off recorded signed for, so there can be no excuse for the DWP not to receive the forms. Aidan X

Hello I don't think I acknowledged your post, thank you for the warm welcome! It's definitely going recorded delivery :)
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 202
    Good Luck, all - with your applications.

For anyone who's finding the application form difficult, (I'm told it's not a barrel of laughs) remember that your local Citizens Advice Bureau has experienced people who can help with the completion of PIP forms - and other benefits applications too. Tell them if you have a critical date looming and they'll do their utmost to fit you in.
  • bubbles
    That's ok Cressida. Warm welcomes are a mutual feeling from all on the forum. We all share and we care too. :)
    Absolutely recorded delivery with everything to the DWP. Your files will soon groan under the weight of copies of everything under the sun.
    I took a copy of my completed form to my F2F "interview". :?

Betty Mac, very good advice. Welfare Rights used to be excellent, not sure if they even exist now :roll: But CAB are good too. The more evidence the better :) XX Aidan