Methotrexate and airport customs

Options
siprego
siprego Member Posts: 3
edited 2. Jul 2019, 04:25 in Chat to our Helpline Team
How do I go through customs with my methotrexate syringes?
Do I need some sort of letter from doctors?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Siprago
    Welcome to the forum,glad you have found us. Everyone on the forum is friendly and understanding and will try and make you feel welcomed. Just choose a forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat and chat.
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi.

I'm just an ordinary forum member not one of the Helpline team but, if you go to the Living With Arthritis forum, there's a topic right at the top called 'Topic with suggestions for travel and holidays'. I think you'll find all the info you need there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Don't forget to pack the bulky purple-lidded sharps: an ordinary travel sharps is not safe.

When my hospital did my meth injections they didn't bat an eyelid if I went away and missed a few doses so now I don't either. DD (forum member)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    Hi Siprago

Thank you for posting on the forum, I can see that you have had a couple of replies and hope that they have been helpful.

With regards to your methotrexate syringes, it would be best to keep them in their original packages which have been correctly labelled.

Together with this it would be a good idea to ask your GP for a letter and a copy of your prescription, giving details about your medication and the name of your health condition which the medication is needed for.

You might like to take a look at our information ‘travelling with arthritis’ https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/news/travelling-with-arthritis/
    and also the NHS information, which I hope you’ll find helpful: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/can-i-take-my-medicine-abroad/

If at any point you would like to have a chat about your arthritis, your very welcome to give us a call. Here we can take our time to talk things through informally and in confidence, our number is 0800 520 0520, weekdays 9am-8pm

Best wishes
    Lynda
    Helpline advisor