edited 23. Jul 2019, 08:54 in Living with arthritis
Do dry eyes improve with methotrexate.?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Pad41 to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Sorry to read of your problem with methotrexate, as a moderator I'm not sure I can give you the answer only to refer to the link I have found for you. I'm sure that our many forum users will give you the benefit of their experience with it. Please feel free to contact the Helplines, the contact number is at the head of the page.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Methotrexate+side+effects

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about yourself.

Enjoy the forum.

John
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi. Thinking back to when I was on Methotrexate it did not improve my dry eyes,but that’s just me.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi. I'm guessing it might depend on what was causing the dry eyes. If it's connected to an autoimmune arthritis then possibly. But there can be several other causes and you'd be best getting it checked out with your GP.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    I have Sjogren's Syndrome, secondary to my RA. I've been on MTX for years, it doesn't help me at all, but my Rheumy and GP provide me with Preservative free eye drops which do help. If you mention it to your Rheumy, and she/he agrees that you have Sjogren's, you could be referred to Opthalmology to check whether you are suitable to have Punctal Plugs fitted. https://www.healthline.com/health/eye-health/punctal-plugs

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein