Hey all

Buckland
Buckland Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi, my name is Kerrin. I'm 45 years of age and i was diagnosed with Spondylo Arthritis in 2003.

I suffer with chronic joint pain in my knees, ankles, elbows and wrists and a bit of back pain. I've had lots of treatments, done lots of excersises, heard lots of old wives tales about arthritis that i will be happy to share with a community that knows and understands.

I'm looking forward to communicating, learning and sharing experiances with you all as it might be another little bit of therapy that helps me with the daily battle against a condition that tries to stop me doing the things I love to do.

See you on the forums,

K.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcomed Buckland to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Sorry to read of your struggles with the many joint pains Kerrin, unfortunately, you are like many on the forum. You have come to the right place for help and support, many of our forum users can relate to your issues and will be able offer some good advice and support.

I have found you a link that may be of help:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Chronic+Joint+pain

Also, you can call Versus Arthritis Helpline 0800 520 0520 for further support.

Enjoy the forum.

John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic plus osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. I began the first back in 1997 (it was accurately diagnosed in 2006 which changed nothing meds-wise) then OA was diagnosed in 2011. I had no idea both arthritis boxes could be ticked so that was a surprise. I was born with auto-immune junk (eczema) and developed more (asthma) when I was seven so the auto-immune arthritis was always on the cards.

People love telling us arthritics where we're going wrong with what we're doing, don't they? I suppose it's because it's a common condition, non-life threatening and everyone's gran had it. :roll: My favourites are the self-diagnosed who choose to interpret the aches and pains of ageing as either OA or RA, I have great fun chatting with them. I never tell them to try anything which is dangerous . . . . :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Kerrin and welcome :D Mine's RA and OA and for far too long :wink:

I think there's some dispute about whether or not spondyloarthritis is autoimmu ne. Are you on DMARDS for it?

I'm a big believer in exercise but not in the old wives' tales or the snake oil :cry: As if we didn't have enough to put up with!

I've found, over the years, that arthritis has, indeed, stopped me doing many of the things I loved to do but it has never stopped me finding new, fun things to do to replace them. Before arthritis, I used to be a relatively cautious person. Now, I've made so many (metaphorical :wink: ) leaps into the dark it comes naturally to me. Thanks, arthritis :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright