Online book club

Sharney7
Sharney7 Member Posts: 7
edited 24. Aug 2019, 04:07 in Chit chat
Is anyone who enjoys reading interested in starting an online book club with me. We can read the same book and maybe have a a limit of how many chapters to read a day, then we can have discussions on the books?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    There actually used to be a book club on here, started, I think, by 'bubbadog' but it sort of died a death. You could try asking on the 'Val's Cafe' thread if anyone there is interested. They are about the only people using the Chit Chat forum these days.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    As Sticky said, bubba started one some years ago and it was very successful but, as the number of contributing posters declined, it died a natural death. Bubba had successful knee surgery too so is no longer an active forum member.

I am an English lit. graduate and love reading - I feel odd if I haven't read during the day - but book clubs have never been my thing, not even for the sauvignon blanc. I think it's because I have had my fill of analysing and discussing, plus my concentration levels are now shot to bits thanks to my general debilitation! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Sharney, you are quite welcome to join Val's Cafe to find out whether anyone would like to join a book club. Most of our conversations are about cats (and occasionally dogs) our resident zoo, food (especially vegan) knitting and our various families. If you can come and meet us, you might find us interesting (or quirky) enough to be a much welcome and regular addition to our group. :D

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    The book club on here was very successful for a good while, but over time - along with the forum which has changed so much since I joined in it's heyday - it dwindled. I got one or two good recommendations though and like a lot of us on the forum read every day myself.

I would also post in the Living With Arthritis page if I were you just to see how many might be up for it.

Toni xx