Arthritic arm

TAG
TAG Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
I’ve recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my arm, bit like bursitis. Can someone recommend any treatment please. I’ve osteoarthritis in my right knee, I had my left knee replaced twelve years ago. Thanks for letting me join

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi TAG
    Welcome to the forum,you don't say wether you have been to your GP about your symptoms as treatment could or should have been discussed at the time. We are all friendly and understanding and will try and make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis in my fingers and elbows plus OA in my wrists and shoulders. I know there's nothing to be done to improve matters but my situation is different to yours. Have you spoken to your GP about this? I suspect he may be of more practical use to you than fellow arthritics who can only empathise. I suppose his suggestions might include pain relief, maybe an anti-inflammatory, exercise yadda yadda yadds but we do get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    Hi TAG and welcome from me too. Basically, with OA, it's the same meds wherever it is. Exercises can help and, depending on where and how it hurts, resting the arm from time to time in an improvised sling might too. What does your GP say?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright