Meth tramadole and narproxen

lkn
lkn Member Posts: 16
edited 27. Aug 2019, 09:12 in Living with arthritis
I'm going onto meth later this week due to allergy to sulf. Im also taking tramadole and narproven. Has anyone on here taking all of these daily and how did you find it.

I'd like to come of tramadole if meth works out.

Thanks Lynda.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Tramadol is a strong pain reliever and naproxen an anti-inflammatory. I was on nap for years but it didn't do much. I've only had trammies post-op as my stomach objects. You will, hopefully, find you have no problems taking all three but I do hope you have also been prescribed a stomach-protecting med eg lansoprazole or omeprazole. I'm wondering how, except by trial and error, you work out what's causing any problem that might arise. How much folic acid have you been prescribed and how often are your blood tests?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have taken all three but not necessarily together and none of them have ever reduced my pain. I think the meth has slowed disease progress, the naproxen was so 'effective' I didn't notice any difference in my joints when I stopped it and tramadol is my go-to pain duller when things are really grim. I also had omeprazole to protect my stomach so when I stopped the nap I was able to stop that too. As far as I am concerned the less medication I have slopping around in my system the better but I am years ahead of you so more familiar with the whole malarkey. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    What is Meth actually short for? I take Methotrexate, but it's always been shortened to MTX. Meth, whatever it is sounds like an illegal drug such as Methadone. :shock:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Meth = methotrexate and, yes, medics writing about it tend to shorten it to MTX. But try pronouncing that, Kathleen :lol:

I've noticed some people on here do determinedly write MTX or the full word possibly for the reason you give but, as I tend to talk about it as much as I write about it, it's meth for me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright