childrens seat belts

Options
linsey
linsey Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
I am finding difficulty fastening young childs seat belt (the 3 way fitting type) there are plenty of devices aimed at undoing them -I find great difficulty in lining up the catch.Has anyone any advice on which is the easiest to do up.Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Linsey,

Welcome to the forum, it’s lovely to meet you. Child seats had only just begun to be used when my 2 were little (now I feel positively ancient) in fact seat belts in front seats became law when I was expecting! I remember worrying if it might harm my baby, now I’m amazed they weren’t thought of sooner!

With my grandchildren it’s entirely different, fastening them in is truly difficult. I couldn’t then (and can’t now) find any 'thing' that will help - what I do is make the shoulder straps loose, insert child then it’s much easier to do the lining up and pushing down, no strain when you are trying to hold it all together, then pull on the straps to tighten them again. I spent ages practising before they went in the car and then spent ages wondering what was different.

I’m hoping some other members have good ideas too, this could be a brilliant thread for new mums if we collected a few thoughts.

Of course I always made use of parents to get the seats in the car, and a granddad to strap them in whenever possible :P

Let us know how you get on and what ideas you have found useful with babies and toddlers

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's very many years since I wrestled with children's car seats and all I can think of is, how old is the child? Could he / she help? Mine learnt lots of things that books don't teach.

You might get more answers if you post on the Living With Arthritis forum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright