Bit of a surprise

Jackie47
Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
edited 16. Oct 2019, 11:18 in Living with arthritis
Been having knee pain since the Spring. Usual stuff,stairs,walking,pain . Went to orthopaedics this week for xrays which included the hip. Apart from age wear and tear in the knee my hip is the culprit. Knee is referred pain. Not uncommon. I’ve already had one replacement and Consultant asked if I would like the other one done. How about in the New Year? How about March I said as I’m going away beforehand. No problem. Felt happy about that until the 15 week hip enhancement programme clicked in my mind . All praise to our wonderful NHS

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My own MIL had knee pain so I had heard of this before and I think others have had a similar experience on here too with the 'wrong' joint hurting!

Backs and hips often to the same.

How lovely almost choosing when your operation is done too!!

I am pleased for you.

Don't forget to let us know how it all goes!

Toni xx
  • Jackie47
    Thanks Toni. I’ve already had one hip replacement so know what’s ahead. I’ve experienced soft tissue problems around the ‘new’ hip over 4 years now . Trochanter bursitis. At times it niggles. No guarantee it won’t happen again but I will take that chance.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
    When my TKR gave up the ghost I'd no pain in it but the ankle below it was a s*d.

Great that you'll have another THR. Keep on exercising :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jackie47
    Will do stickywicket