PIP Experiences

Mike1
Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
edited 25. Oct 2019, 12:21 in Work and financial support
Dr. Chris Whitaker, a disabled person living in Cambridgeshire, wants to hear your story about applying for Personal Independence Payment (PIP): Chris wants to hear from disabled people who have applied for PIP, but is also interested in the experiences of other people who have been involved with PIP, including advisors, supporters and assessors. If you have a story to tell about PIP, good, bad or both, submit it at https://www.disabilityspeaks.com/pip-stories/ Chris has already collected over 500 stories and will be analysing the stories and identifying themes.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Mike1

Not a bad idea that is it? I hope he collects plenty I'm sure he will.

BTW I love your little cat he/she looks very sweet :D

Toni
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    frogmorton wrote:

BTW I love your little cat he/she looks very sweet :D

Toni

Thanks, her name is Vixen and she is 4. An excellent mouser and great companion although she doesn't help out much, at least she keeps me off the Morphine and Gin cocktail!
  • N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160
    That's a really good idea, I wonder if anyone in DWP has thought about the 'self fulfilling prophecy' effect these PIP forms have? I was plunged into gloom after doing mine: 'Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours' Richard Bach, Illusions.

I had a consultant tell me three years ago 'you cannot possibly live on your own' hey, lady, guess what? :D

BTW snap! I'm 57 and live on my own with my 2 yo Norfolk Terrier.

PS Anyone facing PIP, get the CAB on board as soon as possible - it's what they're here for.