Changing rheumatology dept.

Options
Jackie47
Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
edited 28. Oct 2019, 15:47 in Living with arthritis
Hi. After soo many years since diagnosis of RA I’m changing hospitals. My lovely Consultant, briallant,going beyond her boundaries, retired two years ago. Although a new Consultant came on the scene I only saw her twice. Long Maternity leave,backlog of work no locum to ease the problem left patients struggling to get an appointment. So as I was in between medication with Retux making me ill again I though it was time to move on to a hospital nearer home. My first appointment is next month I’m hoping for better treatments. I’m only on basic RA meds now so I wonder what they will come up with? I have a long list of ones I’ve tried and been taken off. I’m due for another total hip replacement in April so the new med would be short lived before hand . To add to the complications I had pulmonary TB as a very young child and some meds could reactivate it. I hope the new Consultant is bracing themselves for the challenge. Getting more than I like flare ups but steroid injection is another nono. As my Mother said you were always a complication hahaha. Anyone else struggling with finding a med that suits?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck, jackie. I hope it works for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you stickywicket.