Hello

Madmactouche
Madmactouche Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Thank you for letting me join.
I have been suffering with chronic joint pain for over 4 years, and suffer from AS in my lower back L4/L5, S1 area,I work full time in a hospital, so I am either on my feet all day, or sitting down, depending on what I'm rotated to do.
I have had surgery to reattach my right elbow tendon, and steroid injections in my lower back and coccyx area.
My last injections were the end of September.
I have been told by my GP to claim PIP?
Has anyone done this? Can I claim even though I work?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome Madmactouche to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

I'm so sorry to read of your struggle with joint pain, you really have been going through it over the years. Speaking from personal experience, trying to work with joint pain is most definitely a struggle. We have many forum users who do, and, have, experienced trying to work through the pain barriers. I'm sure some of our forum users will be along to offer help, advice and support. Making sure you get the right advice on working and benefits is an important factor.

Can I suggest you look into the Benefits and Working Matters section, also, feel free to call Versus Arthritis Helpline 0800 520 0520

Enjoy the forum.

John
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    PIP is an allowance to pay for the extra costs incurred as a result of being disabled and is not means tested so it can be claimed if you work. There are guides to PIP on here and numerous comments in the Benefits section of the forum.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have been transferred from DLA to PIP with ease, resulting in an increased payment, not the aim of the government's game. It is a lengthy and time consuming process, with a one-size-fits-all disabilities form to complete; be prepared to fail and appeal. I was convinced I would be turned down, as was a friend who is very disabled, that is how much fear has been instilled in genuine claimants. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben