Hello - diagnosis confirmation today

Options
Mumsafan
Mumsafan Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello

:D

I have had confirmation today of Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have this mainly in my hands although my shoulders can also sometimes hurt.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome Mumsafan to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Thank you for coming to join us at Versus Arthritis, so sorry to read of your struggles with RA. You will find that quite of lot of our forum users have the same problems associated with RA. The forum users will be able to offer some good sound advice, support and help.

I've found this link on RA that may be of some help:-
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Your can also contact the Versus Arthritis Helpline 0800 520 0520 for further help and support.

Enjoy the forum.

John
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me, too. I've had RA for years. Mine started in my hands too. It often does. How can we help? Just fire away if you have any questions :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis but the meds I take are the same as the ones used for the other kinds. They 'work' in that they control disease activity but for me that's as far as it goes. I am positive that the sooner one is diagnosed and begins the meds the better the outcome in many ways could be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome to the RA club. Other ailments are available too. Mine started in my big toe joint and gout was first diagnosed until a blood test confirmed sero positive erosive RA. Must be about 14 years ago. Find out all you can about the disease. Don’t compare as we all have it differently. Don’t let it win. You are in control. Good luck.