Medication.

Trevor
Trevor Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello all,I'm new to this forum so here goes told a few years ago that I was suffering from Rumouriod Arthrightous had a stream of different medications but nothing at the moment is working.Just been on Kasvara for sixteen weeks at the hospital a fortnight ago and they told me not to take anymore of that injection and now they want me to have a MRI scan so that's me there is many things I want to ask about when I get used to the forum,thanks.G T Molineux .

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome Trevor to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

I'm sorry to read of your problems with Rheumatoid Arthritis, medication, unfortunately, can be a minefield, it's an individual thing finding the right medication to suit you. Hopefully, the MRI will be able to help you find the correct route to take.

Many of our forum users have RA and you will find they will be along to offer their help, advice and support.

I've found this link which may be of help to you:-
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Please feel free to call the Versus Arthritis Helpline 0800 520 0520 for further support.

Enjoy the forum.

John
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Trevor and welcome from me too. I also have rheumatoid arthritis (RA for short) and have had it for many years. i take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. I've never hear of 'Kasvara'. Does it have another name?

I hope the MRI shows up something useful. Please let us know how you get on and, in the meantime, ask anything you want - preferably on the Living With Arthritis forum as more poeple look in there. We'll do our best to help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic (PsA) and osteoarthritis. None of the meds I have taken over the years have 'worked' in terms of curing the disease because arthritis is not curable, it's not like taking a course of anti-biotics and getting better. My PsA disease activity is controlled but it has nevertheless progressed and the number of affected joints increased because that is what arthritis does.

I have had a number of MRI scans, they are more detailed and informative for doctors than Xrays. When were you diagnosed? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben