Hi everyone

Andrea
Andrea Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
I've been diagnosed with pseratic arthritis with out the pseriasis and just started on bialogical meds

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Andrea and welcome to the Versus Arthritis online community forum.

The Versus Arthritis website has good information about psoriatic arthritis, including treatment, and suggestions for self-help for living with the condition. Here is a link to the page:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis/

If you feel that speaking with somebody would be helpful we also have a free telephone helpline, on 0800 5200 520, available 9am-8pm Monday-Friday.

Good luck in your journey with the condition. I'm sure you will find useful advice and empathy from members of the community here. Feel free to ask questions!

Best wishes,

Ann
    Versus Arthritis Online Community Moderator
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I began psoriatic arthritis without the psoriasis back in 1997, started some meds in 2002 and was accurately diagnosed in 2006 which changed nothing.

I've had no bother with many of the meds and what I had was soon sorted. It probably helps that I have never been healthy so have low expectations of life and what one gets. I also have ostearthritis thanks to the delay in starting the meds, going by what I have witnessed the quicker one begins the meds the better the outcome can be. Good luck, they won't stop the disease but they will reduce disease activity which is the important thing. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben