Hydrotherapy

Options
Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 21. Nov 2019, 05:16 in Living with arthritis
Has anyone tried hydroptherapy physiotherapy in water as a means of helping with a chronically stiff back

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hydrotherapy is excellent for many things. My back isn't bad but, in the past, I've had it for knees and shoulders. It's amazing what we can do in water, where the body is supported, that we can't do out of it. If you have the chance I'd certainly recommend you give it a try.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • c7mlm
    c7mlm Member Posts: 5
    Options
    hi i started aquafit as advised by my chiro as she said do light impact exercise, i found it did help
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,410
    Options
    I have indeed tried hydrotherapy for both my back post surgery and when I was pregnant!

the pregnancy time wasn't great I felt too sick!!

With my back though it was fabulous, but you must be careful not to overdo it as everything feels so easy in warm water.

Toni
  • Elmbow
    Elmbow Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I am currently having hydrotherapy, ostensibly for my back problems but they are working on other areas too. Some of the physio exercises I need to do for my ankles are much easier and less painful in the water, so you do need to be careful not to overdo it. It is also very relaxing, which helps.