Allergy Testing and IA

Options
Basicquestions12
Basicquestions12 Member Posts: 23
edited 6. Dec 2019, 13:03 in Living with arthritis
Hello again!

Just another question to anyone with inflammatory arthritis. I’m currently on methotrexate and it’s working at putting my Arthritis into remission so far. Although I find the drug amazing , it’s not something I ideally want to be on forever.

I have been exploring ideas about food and chronic illness, especially gluten. Has anyone ever cut these good groups out and noticed a difference? Or has anyone had allergy testing and found they had some issues?

Thanks again

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's very understandable that you'd not want to be on meds for life. I guess we all feel like that. But, alas, we have dodgy immune systems that are ours for life and that's just how it is.

I tried diets in my early days. I got worse, probably because I was cutting out essential food groups. I also tried allergy testing from what I suspect is the biggest such lab on the UK commercial scene. I wish I'd saved my money.

Here's what a BBC doctor had to say about them. I consider it very sound advice. https://tinyurl.com/sm4j59v
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A misbehaving immune system will continue to misbehave until the host organism is no longer viable. I had intolerance testing in its very early days and scored highly on things that still affect me today including moulds, spores, egg white, vitamin C, dairy, pollen and dander.

I choose to take the meds to make life bearable and occasionally enjoyable but mostly it's tough going. It would be far worse without. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben