Happy Christmas to all of us!

Juttle
Juttle Member Posts: 20
edited 6. Jan 2020, 14:39 in Chit chat
I know that this time of year can be difficult for those of us that move at the speed of striking snails but try to have a good time despite everything. Slow and easy, there’s really no hurry today (this must be the most miserable Christmas greeting ever!)

Anyway, have a good Christmas everyone and enjoy it in your own way!
Bob

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    ...and a very Happy Christmas to you too Bob

I’m just going to tidy the cafe a bit and warm up some mince pies, surely at Christmas we can have mince pies for breakfast

Love to everyone
    Yvonne x

Mince pies for breakfast oh yes please but I must have some cream with them!
    What a great idea Yvonne.
    ChrisK x
  • Juttle
    moderator wrote:
    ...and a very Happy Christmas to you too Bob

I’m just going to tidy the cafe a bit and warm up some mince pies, surely at Christmas we can have mince pies for breakfast

Love to everyone
    Yvonne x

Of course you can, enjoy!
    Bob
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    My best wishes to all for inner peace and happiness today regardless of what life with A hands out.

Here in the wall to wall sunshine of Dubai, with our elder son, his wife and two of our grandchildren, it's pretty good today.

May you enjoy mince pies throughout Christmas!!

Crinkly1
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Bob, you do make me laugh! Thank you for the christmas wishes and I hope you snail happily through the day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    'Slow and easy' sounds perfect to me, Bob. Go for it!
    t78020 t07108
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Juttle
    I’ve just re read my well thought out and beautifully composed title to this thread and thought, “good god, I sound like tiny Tim!”
    Bob
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hahahaha! Very funny Tiny Tim!

Thank you Bob

a nice steady day and God Bless us Everyone!!

Toni xx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Happy Christmas, Bob/Tim :)

Thanks for your kindly greeting. I hope all went well with you and, indeed, all of us.

Yesterday I progressed at my own pace. This meant that I ended up behind the schedule for pretty much everything. However, I admit to dawdling a little re. the Great Christmas Quiz, as I could tell it was getting tense after just a few minutes :shock: :lol:

Season's Greetings,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • frogmorton
    Nothing at all wrong with chilling Phee! Happy 2020.

Love

Toni x
  • phoenixoxo
    Thanks, Toni :)

Chilling is the best. Earlier today I just had a little creative time to myself; I always feel better for it. I hope you've had a good day too. Happy 2020!

Love to thee,
    Phestive Phee :lol:
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Juttle
    A bit late but a very happy and pain free new year to everyone on here!

Christmas came and went as it usually does, several phone calls and then I was left alone to spend the day with my head firmly jammed in my kindle. SWMBO was working the whole period as she normally does, she’s a nurse and picks up the Christmas shifts so the younger nurses get at least some of the festive with the kids.

In a short break from having my iPad pressed tightly to my face a thought struck me, just how many wonders of literature had I consumed? A quick fiddle with amazon came up with the amazing, or perhaps horrifying, figure of 386 in the last three years! I really must put this thing down and get a life of my own instead of pinching bits of other peoples, mainly fictitious, lives!

You would think that being married to a nurse, especially in my state of disintegration, would be a blessing. Trust me, it ain’t. I’m saying no more than that!

May 2020 bring everything you need, even if you didn’t know you needed it!
    Bob
  • frogmorton
    I hope Phestive Phee hasn't been packed away and put in the loft :shock:

Bob - if you are married to a nurse you know all about spending key times on your own!

You've got me thinking....how many books have I read/listened to in the last 3 years? Not ENOUGH!! seriously you are right a balance is in order here some getting out and about and living out won lives, but gosh there's a place for books too I love them :)

Well apart from the odd duffer that is!!

Toni xx
  • phoenixoxo
    frogmorton wrote:
    I hope Phestive Phee hasn't been packed away and put in the loft :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Funnily enough, I've been feeling more 'phestive' now that it's all over. The past few years especially, I've found Christmas quite tiring and also quite expensive. So it's a relief to get back to 'normal', such as that is.

Re. books, my job involves a lot of reading, so I prefer to do other things during the leisure hours. But I usually take a book with me to hospital appointments, in case the consultant's running late (he usually is). Recently I started A Dark-Adapted Eye, by Barbara Vine. It's good!

Best wishes,
    Phee