pain relief

Options
Stan613
Stan613 Member Posts: 5
edited 11. Jan 2020, 13:01 in Living with arthritis
I am using a "B class Laser" which is a class 1 laser product
and Dorylax pro frame to relieve pain in the thigh and knee.
Seems to be working for pain relief any thoughts or information regarding these products Thanks Stan

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Stan

I have googled both the laser and the frame you mention and found both very interesting. I believe some physiotherapists might use low level laser therapy and the frame looks intriguing.

Just out of interest what made you try these methods?

I can't recall anyone on here mentioning either and will be very keen to hear how you get on.

Ellen
  • Stan613
    Stan613 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    moderator wrote:
    Hi Stan

I have googled both the laser and the frame you mention and found both very interesting. I believe some physiotherapists might use low level laser therapy and the frame looks intriguing.

Just out of interest what made you try these methods?

I can't recall anyone on here mentioning either and will be very keen to hear how you get on.

Ellen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi Stan.

If you want to reply to a post just click on the red 'reply to topic' writing to the left, below the post not the 'reply with quote' on the right and a bit higher up.

I've never heard anyone mention these things on here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options
    I see that one of the claims on the Dorylax website is that after using the machine discs regenerate, this is a false claim as damaged discs cannot regenerate according to medics. I Googled medical evidence for the Dorylax but found none whatsoever.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As I see it this frame is merely more pseudo-scientific guff. I do not doubt the value of the placebo effect but that should never be confused with an actual physical benefit. Remember APOS therapy? No? No wonder. The con wheel keeps happily turning thanks to the exploitation of the fears and worries of the many by the few.

I am always fearful that using such things without correct medical consent, guidance and input put could cause me more physical harm and accelerate the joint damage I already have. I exercise suitably, regularly do my physio exercises, try to keep my weight down, use prescribed pain dullers well within their limits and mental distraction to stay on top of things. Does it reduce my perception of the pain? Most of the time, yes, and when it doesn't that is entirely down to me for not making the proper effort.

As for the laser what is that supposed to achieve? I can see that heat is helpful whilst it's being applied but as soon as it's taken away and we start moving it all starts up again . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben