Post from China

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 7. Feb 2020, 04:17 in Chit chat
Today I received some crafting goods, ordered from Amazon but supplied from somewhere in China. I sprayed the plastic bag with anti-bac and left it to dry. I shall glove-up, open it and spray the contents too then spray the gloves before disposal in my nearly-full sharps. I have been ordering a great deal of such materials but won't from here-on-in, not until things are better understood.

Mr DD informed me that freight flights may well be suspended so orders will take considerably longer to appear. That doesn't bother me but this new virus does: I'll make do with what I have! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Blinking eck DD didn’t think of that :shock: I’m waiting on some Tunisian crochet hooks.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Never crossed my mind either :? :shock:

I'm sure you'll be safe I'd put it in the freezer too for a while :oops:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Now then, Miglet, I am intrigued: is a Tunisian crochet hook different to the kind I am used to?

I hadn't thought about the freezer option, Frog, that's another plan. I have received further goods and followed the same procedure but forgot the gloves, so Mr DD found me stood at the sink, singing Happy Birthday as I washed my hands like a surgeon. I sang it, slowly, three times - belt and braces.

There is a magpie on the bird feeder, doing his best impersonation of a humming bird whilst he rocks the feeder back and forth. There are two more underneath picking up the spoils. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Given the sheer volume of 'stuff' imported from China I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be much if any info about this. The view from the US of A is that the virus's survival on surfaces is shortlived and the delay caused by distance from China should be sufficient to eliminate risk.
    The movement of humans is another matter altogether...
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Its only different only because its longer and has a stopper on one end apparently you work along your work without dropping loops then work back without turning Im intrigued ,going to have to google it to see how it's done.