New today

Options
Mogs1968
Mogs1968 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi
I’have Osteoarthritis :) 2 years ago I had hip replacement and 3rd Feb this year had knee replacement using the new MAko system. I’m only 51 and will need all 4 replaced in next two years. I had to go private as NHS wouldn’t consider me. I have found this all quite difficult, especially since knee op. The night aching and RLS is the worst.
I know I’m not the only person to feel like this 😊

Comments

• Parlicoot
    Parlicoot Member Posts: 61
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mogs1968 and welcome to the Versus Arthritis Community.

I'm sorry to hear as a result of osteoarthritis you have had to undergo both a hip and knee replacement. I had to look up the MAKO system used as it seems pretty new. I found this page from the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital very informative:

https://www.roh.nhs.uk/about-us/news/373-pioneering-robotic-arm-assisted-surgery-at-the-royal-orthopaedic-hospital

It would be very interesting to hear more about this from a personal viewpoint as no other members appear to have undergone the procedure.

Our forums are about to go into Read-Only mode as we update our Community platform (see announcement at top of page) but please do come back and let us know how you are getting on.

If you need to talk to someone in complete confidence then do contact our free Helplines on 0800 5200 520 Monday - Friday 9:00am - 8:00pm

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mogs and welcome from me too :) I'm sorry to hear you're having so much post-op trouble. I've had knees and hips replaced with great success. What does your surgeon say about your ongoing problems? Did you have RLS before the ops? Are you seeing a physio?

Sorry, too many questions :roll: I'm just trying to get a fuller picture.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright