Hello

Babsy55
Babsy55 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi every1 I have rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis had them since I was 29 I'm now 55 nearly 56 had my left knee replaced and my left wrist been told will have to have more in future also got fibromyalgia and spondylitis and now bowel cancer life throwing it at me but I'm staying strong as i can

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Hi Babsy

welcome to the forums, so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time at the moment. It can be very difficult at times. Please ask as many questions as you like and I am sure our members will be here to share their experiences with you and support you at this difficult time

Best Wishes

Sharon

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis(started when I was 37), osteo (diagnosed aged 52) and fibromyalgia. I haven't ticked the cancer box yet (and I hope I never will) but who knows? I was born with auto-immune nonsense so it was no surprise, I was refused new knees when I was 52 due to extreme youth and now won't bother as other joints are so much worse.

I am sure you have had your fair share of idiotic recommndations about what you should be doing to improve the arthritis (everyone is an expert) - has that happened with the cancer too or are the idiots more considerate due to the 'dark glamour' of a cancer diagnosis? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Bluebell7
    Bluebell7 Member Posts: 41

Hi Babsy,

I'm so sorry to hear of your cancer diagnosis, welcome to the forum.

Take care