Hi

drifter
drifter Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi I am a 62 year old male with degenerate arthritis, mostly on knees and one ankle.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 27. Feb 2020, 17:19

I am a 60 year old woman with both an auto-immune and osteo arthritis. I presume you have OA : although all arthritis is degenerative and progressive OA is the most common. I began when I was 37 so am used to it now. Stuff is rough at the moment so no change there!

Both ankles, both knees, both hips, both wrists and one shoulder have OA, all my fingers, both knees, both elbows and all my toes have psoriatic arthritis, the auto-immune one. It was always on the cards for me having been born with auto-immune dross but the OA diagnosis was a shock because I thought I had ticked the arthritis box.

What has your GP recommended? I manage my OA with rest, pain relief and suitable exercise to keep my muscles as strong and flexible as possible, this is to better support the affected joints. Managing the other is a very different kettle of stinky fish. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi Drifter,

Welcome to the forum, if you want to tell us more about your life with arthritis please post in Living With Arthritis or comment on any posts where you feel comfortable

Take care

Yvonne X