Cordless vaccums

Options

I have arthritis all over my back and hands are what make cleaning hard ....Can anyone recommend a cordless vacuum cleaner that has power, is easy to empty and not too heavy to hold...thanks

Comments

• BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 202
    Options

Hi

I also have arthritic hands.

I haven’t yet found a cordless vac that works for me. Most of them seem to need you to keep constant pressure with your index finger on a trigger to make them work. The one that starts with D was hopeless and I ended up giving it away. This was disappointing because otherwise, it was light and easy to use.

I find the cylinder type of vacuum works for me.

Good Luck!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 28. Feb 2020, 14:12
    Options

I have a Home Help!

This has posted 3 times, looks like there are gremlins in the new system!

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    edited 28. Feb 2020, 15:03
    Options

@Mike1 I have deleted the other 2 identical posts. Thanks for raising the issue.

There is a tiny pop-up that appears bottom-left when the system informs you it is doing something "special" with your post. It's difficult to spot and we have asked it to be made much bigger as this is fooling members and moderators.

It's particularly tricky as the pop-up doesn't always stick around and anyone using an ipad or smaller screen will easily miss it. #BugList

EDIT

It just happened to me! The pop-up recorded a technical error that I've noted. It looked like I hadn't posted. I refreshed the screen and not only had my comment been posted but the content was still there in the Leave a Comment box so I could post it again...

This bug will be around for a bit as we don't meet with the tech guys until next week.

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

I have a Bosch Athlet which has a slidng switch (which does not have to be pressed) on the handle offering three strengths of power. One major drawback is it is only useful as a floor vac, although there are tools for funishings ec it is far too awkward to use. It is bagless and washing the filter and bin is a bind. The power lasts OK, when the battery stops recharging a decision will have to made about replacing like-for-like or doubling up with the following.

My second vac is a bagged GTech which again has a sliding switch. This easily converts to a hand-held and although I have trouble with my fingers and wrists I manage with it OK. Changing the bag is easy, charging is pretty good as is the length of use before it runs out. Both have their pluses and minuses but one I have never considered is Dyson as I've been there and done that: the performance of their super-heavy corded vacs never matched the hype. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben