Hi

Options
Bumblee20
Bumblee20 Member Posts: 10
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi

Im new to the forum. I had my Knee replacement on 3rd Feb using the new Mako robotic procedure.

i had my first physio on Wed, I have 100 bend , still on two sticks but wanting to reduce to 1

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @Bumblee20 and welcome to the forums.

Great to hear the operation went well and you are making great progress. I will add more to your other post in Living with Arthritis: https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/51477/mako-robotic-procedure

Best wishes

Brynmor

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 29. Feb 2020, 06:48
    Options

Hello from me too @Bumble20 It's good to meet you.

Sounds as though you are doing really well with your recovery. I rather think you'll be down to one stick very soon!

Toni

• Bumblee20
    Options

Thanks, it’s more balance I think. I’m thinking of going to local Hydrotherapy pool. I love the water, think this might help with strength

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

I've done hydro before once post back surgery and also in pregnancy (That time I felt sick!) it really helps, but be warned you can overdo it in warm water!!  It is so 'painless' that you can't help yourself!!

Balance is the issue?  Can you try standing at the kitchen worktop when you do your exercises I've used the kitchen worktop myself it's really good for steadying me anyway.

• Bumblee20
    Options

That’s a good idea, I will try that. I’ve had some good exercises from the physio as welll.I was feeling disheartened today as it was aching today and I wasn’t able to walk as far as I have been, although I did have a better sleep last night. I have ordered Magnesium to see if that helps Restless legs .