35yr old new girl with palindromic rheumatism saying hi 👋

Kristina85
Kristina85 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi everyone, I’m a newly diagnosed mother of 2 aged 2 and 3 and just looking for any advice/tips/chats with people in the same boat x

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Hi Kristina,

welcome to the forums lovely to have you here, I am sure some of our members will share their experiences and ideas with you. We also have a section on the website that might interest you

being a mum is tough enough without having arthritis as well, you might also like to phone our helplines on 0800 520 0520. Please ask as many questions as you like

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Thank you so much Sharon for your reply , I will have a look at the link now x
  • ashcot
    ashcot Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kristina, I’m 33 and have 3 children (10, 14 months and 3 months). I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, originally presented as Palindromic however now it’s constant and everywhere. I don’t have any advice/tips as it’s chaos 😂 But I
  • ashcot
    ashcot Member Posts: 3
    but I’m able to chat I think was the rest of that 😂🤦‍♀️ no idea where it went! Ash
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Welcome from me too!

Lovely to see you both and wonder whether this person

might also enjoy a chat with you Mums with young ones?

(interfering again I am!!)

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi,

Maybe you should start a discussion for Mums with arthritis and then you can all meet together when you can get/need a break!

My daughter in law is going to be induced next Wednesday so we shall meet Evelyn (I think) soon. I shall be caring for the 2 sibs and getting them to school on time, I used to be good at this, I'm sure I can do it!

Enjoy your new discussion!

Yvonne

• Hi
    I was diagnosed with RA years ago and I’ve recently become a new mum. I’ve had to come off medication because I was breastfeeding and there was concern about it affecting my child’s vaccinations. With Covid-19 I’m now unable to receive proper care as my appointments keep getting put off and I just keep getting sent painkillers (becoming ineffective after a while). Anyone have any advice on other ways to manage pain because it’s now affecting my mood and I’m not able to carry my child :(
  • chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi Lucy and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I’m sorry to hear about your situation, it must be very frustrating for you to have appointments being continually postponed, unable to go back onto your medication and just relying on painkillers.

There’s a wealth of information about managing pain on our website which may be worth your while browsing, you could start here https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=RA+Pain+Relief

You can also call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm) if you ever feel they could help.

I hope you receive some useful feedback from other forum members.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm