Walking after hip replacement

David
David Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Do you have any experience please of walking without a limp or stiffness after a hip replacement.
Tagged:

Comments

• David
    David Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Brynmor, much appreciated, and also for the links.
  • Serenasj
    Serenasj Member Posts: 14

I’m another worrier.... scared

hiding away since first lockdown I lost the use of my hip.... become even more creative

if u have someone makes a difference on my own..... also have an elderly dog no longer able to give him long walks as we used to ... hoping was hoping to meet someone special

do try walking longer occasionally but painful and pop pills?!

feel rather than op give up on life... that’s how scared I am ... the lonliness!!

am lucky have garden a dog...but huh

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 12. Feb 2021, 19:09

Hi @Serenasj

Welcome to the online community family,great to see you posting.

You say that you are scared and worried about your hip and no longer being able to walk your elderly dog because of pain and lonlyness.A lot of people like you have felt those symptoms , talking about it helps.Have you been to the GP or a consultant for your hip? you dont say what arthritis you have it would be helpful if you could talk about your arthritis journey.

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

Lonely — Versus Arthritis

Here are a few links that may help you.Chatting to others often helps so why dont you talk to people on our forums of very friendly and understanding people.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @Serenasj

Nice to meet you. I'm sorry your hip has gone during this COVID pandemic lockdown. A fair few people on here have had similar experience to you. In normal life you would be on the way to getting real help, but at the moment it's just coping isn't it?

It is a very good job that you do have a garden for your dog, but as you say getting out is good for you both and more chance of meeting that special someone if you are out. If the doctor has prescribed you painkillers and it means you can get out I would so long as it's not taking more than your doctor has prescribed of course.

Don't feel lonely come along and join in everyone is very friendly here.